Monday, August 29, 2011

IT'S BEEN AWHILE!


wow! has it really been 6 months since my last blog? crap! well ok...

1.  I hope everyone voted this election year! it is absolutely crucial to take part in what's going on in America as well as around the world. I have been getting more and more involved in politics and kind of wished I would have stuck with my initial choice of degree: political science major with an emphasis on international affairs. However, I love the major I chose as it will help me more in the long run. Most people that follow me on my private facebook page know that I am a hardcore Republican...being born in Israel to a politically involved family of right wing conservatives... it was bound to happen! :)

2. I have been very fortunate with the opportunities presented to me in the past couple of months and will be updating everyone very soon!

3. I have been getting a lot of emails regarding a status update I posted a few days ago. I have read your questions and concerns and wanted to address the situation.  let me begin by saying that I am NOT going to use anyone's name and if you figure out who I am talking about please do not comment with that persons name...thank you.  I have helped several models in the past and have always been taken advantage off. I help them get gigs, meet people who are in the industry,  win contests, get exposure on websites I have been featured on yet they still always find a way to screw me over. I recently helped out a fellow model with an online contest she was competing in...I was more than happy to do so and didn't run against her that month for the sake of principle. I thought she would win without a doubt! I thought she would have won and still think she should have won but she didn't at the end of that month.  Per our emails, she said she would help me in the competition this month and I was under the assumption that she wouldn't compete against me... guess I was wrong. Given that she was probably upset she wanted to try again it is understandable right? eh not so much... I never asked for help and didn't want favors done unless they are from the heart but I also didn't expect her to compete against me! I never asked her to not compete... she said she would help me while competing against me but I don't see how you can help me and compete against me at the same time. Call me naive but I was hurt that someone I called a friend would do such a thing. anyways, I registered for two days and decided this competition was not for me ( last time I checked the site I had around 650 tokens putting me in second place) for two reasons 1. I lost a friend 2. I was going to lose fans if I kept bribing them to purchase tokens for me! some contestants might purchase tokens for themselves to win this title and some don't! I personally do not have the funds to do so and considering today's economy the average American does not either. while some people have purchased tokens for me  I feel pretty guilty asking people to buy tokens! I do have other priorities that I need to put my money towards!  At this point it isn't about winning it is about principle! I initially was not even going to post anything because it isn't what I was raised to do but given the emails I have received I wanted to explain myself. I also want to thank the anonymous user who was so generous with purchasing tokens, please email me if you would like your calendar as the offer never expires so long as you provide proof you are the buyer.

4. I appreciate the fan snail mail and email and will reply to everyone in due time..please do not think I wont write back because I usually do whether it be through email or snail mail :)

neshikot! (kisses in hebrew)
Yael Markovich

No comments:

Post a Comment